May 15, 2011

Sunday's Best

Easter weekend was fantastic!!! Especially, when you get to spend it with family! But, I was having a conversation with some of the Fam - and we realized that the Easter holiday isn't what it use to be. Not many parents dress their children in their Sunday's Best. Most kids just wear new sneakers and jeans for Easter Sunday. I remember growing up, my siblings and I always had our dresses handmade by my grandmother. Big fluffy extravagant dresses, set off with a nice pair of Mary Jane's and a cute little purse.

We had our hair slicked back with pony tails or big curls. This was the one day you had the opportunity to be a little princess. And we cant forget the Easter baskets!!! Aunt Ginny, made sure we had a lavish Easter basket every year with a black barbie. She didn't play about the black barbies! No white barbie dolls over here! lol

As, I made my travels through the city on Sunday, I tried to capture the site of childhood memories. White Mary Janes, stockings and socks with lace. Unfortunately, I came up ended handed : (

Nevertheless, its always nice to be amongst family.


My little Cousins, Love these Gals! : )

Aunt Lynn is the background! At least smile! Geesh! lol


On to the Next..........................

Everyone has raved about how great the food is at "Kona Grill." So, I had to try it for myself.  Ryan and my sister invited me out for Sushi and cocktails. Now, keep in mind. I'm not the biggest Sushi fan. I cant fathomed eating raw sushi - but cooked Sushi I enjoy! I ordered the Shrimp Tempura and the California Roll (in error) I meant to order the Volcano Rolls. Nevertheless, it was ok!!! My mouth was watering for some good sushi, and I wasn't all that impressed with the meal. Lets just say I had better sushi, elsewhere! I won't completely throw "Kona Grill" under the bus until I sample more selections from the menu. I will definitely give them another chance to redeem themselves. For their sake, it better be GOOD!



My sushi??  : ( Yet I still ate it.



Awe.........Ain't we Kute!!

Smooches : )

No comments: