May 7, 2011

Royal Wedding Fashion Report Card

Of course, I would complete a post about "The Royal Wedding." It has been all over Twitter, Facebook, television and the world. Whether you are fan or not - America was invaded by the British, figuratively! April 29th, 2011, marks the day Prince William of Wales wed Miss Catherine Middleton. Millions watched one of the most public courtships in history. Were you awake at 5am to take a glimpse at the Royal extravaganza???? I was!! However, it was by default. I just happen to be preparing myself for work. But, behind the tradition and hype, was one important factor! The fashion! POW!

As thousands lined the streets, celebrities and world leaders arrived at Westminster Abbey to witness the reveal of Catherine's wedding dress. All eyes were on the soon to be Duchess of Cambridge as she exited the vintage Rolls Royce. The dress was designed by Sarah Burton, who is the creative director of the late great Alexander McQueen. (She has an amazing collection, by the way). The ivory perfection had a lace print detail and sleeves, with an edgy plunging neckline. While others were in awe of this construction. I wasn't all that impressed to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I thought she looked amazing and the detail was immaculate. The dress was stunning and I loved loved the lace sleeves!! That was my fav part of the dress. I just expected more va va voom! I assumed it was going to be a  traditional gown with an edge. I was just expecting more Princess Diana!??



This is the dress Princess Diana wore for her wedding!!

The train was bananas!!!






Duchess of Cambridge aka Her Royal Highness! Go girl!!!




O yea, and the Prince was there too! lol. We 4got about him.

The Royal wedding showcased London's fashions roots and haute couture. The British proved that you do not have be risk-kay to be fashionable. I loved the respectable suits and dresses for the woman, and we cant forget about the hats. They were a must per the invitations.

The Best and The Worst....

Best Dressed -

Joss Stone : )


I would actually wear this! Simple, yet very fashionable!

#Classic


Best Dressed Couple! They looked amazing! And Victoria is preggers! The girl is bad in her
custom made 7" Christian Louboutin! Work it!! Work it!!! "snaps fingers"



Worst Dressed -

Not all of London's royalty made the best dressed list : (

I love this ensemble - Just not all 2gether..... Each piece would be Fab individually.
She OD'd on the color Blue!

The media ripped these gals a new one, for taking a risk with their ensembles.
 I actually like it!!! I just think they could be more flattering to the figure.

She could have put more effort into her dress.
Did she forget this was the wedding of the century!?? Smh

Too Simple, but very age appropriate.


Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!

Smooches : )

2 comments:

KEE KEEPINITKUTE said...

I AGREE WITH ALL YOUR FASHION DO'S AND DONT'S BUT I MUST GIVE 2 THUMBS UP ON VICTORIA AND HUBBY'S OUTFIT THEY REALLY LOOK GOOD , WELL I ALWAYS ADMIRED VICTORIA''S STYLE N E WAY :)

Unknown said...

Kee, I totally agree with you. I have admired Victoria's style since the Spice Girls. She was the only chica rocking 6 inch heels! Lover her! lol