May 26, 2011

Who Run The World????

My girl - Jill Scott graces the cover of Ebony and Essence Magazine's June Issue -  looking 50 pounds lighter and sexier than ever. W-O-R-K IT JILL!!! POW#




Jill releases her new CD "The Light of the Sun" on June 21st. Cant wait to hear this CD. She always gives such raw, mature, melodic tones and lyrics! On my grown woman ish while listening to Jill's voice.


Jill looks HOT!!!!

By the way, I am sooooo addicted to her previous CD -  "The Real Thing: Words and Sound - Vol. 3" It remains on repeat in my CD player!!!! And, I believe it was released in 2008-2009 (??)


Trust Mother!!! If you want a mature listen. This CD will blow you away. Especially tracks like "Crown Royal" and "Epiphany."  Make your way to Sound Garden to get this! : )



Moving on...............

Bringing to the stage....Mrs. Queen Bey!!! Thee one and only!!! The baddest bish in the game!!

                                                            BEYONCE!!!

Now, Let me make it clear. Beyonce is one of thee best entertainers in the WORLD! Yes, I said in thee WORLD!! Whether you love or hate her. You cant deny, that the girl is BAD!! I have never seen a performer give such energy and commitment on stage. Her performances look effortless -  Yet you can see the dedication and time she puts into every step. Her work ethic is sick!! I absolutely LOVE her!!! And SASHA FIERCE is back and hotter than ever!!


WORK IT! WORK IT! WORK GIRL!

Bey's new album "4" is set to be released June 27th *circles 6/27/2011 on calender*

Now, I will admit, the first time I listened to "Who Run The World. (Girls)." I thought Bey had lost her marbles. But, how could I be so foolish?? Anything she touches, will ultimately turn to Gold! She is an empire and a brand like no other. Now, the video completely sold me. I was going to post the Run The World official video. But, I thought she rocked the 2011 Billboard Awards! So check it out below.






I am a music connoisseur. It doesn't have to sound "nice" for me to enjoy a good album.  Beats don't make a good album. It's the lyrics that make is GREAT! I love to hear the lyrics in a song! They grab me! These are some of the artists that I am anticipating a new sound...

Amy Winehouse
Brandy
Tamia
Kelis
Corrine Bailey Rae
Vivian Green
#REALR&BMUSIC

So, I am totally digging Solange Knowles style! Beyonce obviously has the talent gene in the family. But Solange, has the most important chromosome! The FASHION chromosome. I was recently browsing through an article that Solange was featured in. And, she said that her style icons are her mom,  Chloë Sevigny, '90s Erykah Badu and Diana Ross.  


INSIDE SOLANGE KNOWLES CLOSET -







Her summer suit is adorable!





Smooches : )



No comments: