April 24, 2011

Movies In Review



Over the weekend, I was finally able to view "Black Swan." Now, my expectations of this film were extremely high; with all the Oscar buzz and great reviews. I just knew I was in for a treat! Unfortunately, it wasn't what I anticipated. Prior, to me viewing the movie; I updated my status on FaceBook stating that I was watching Black Swan and I received more "Hated It" than "Loved It"  comments. But, I had not cast my vote yet, so the ballot was still out. I wanted to keep an open mind despite my FB friends reactions to the film. The basis of  "Swan Lake" is that Odette, a princess who has been sentenced to life as a swan by day, commits suicide after discovering that her lover has fell in love with different, the black swan.


Scandalous sex  scene with Mila Kunis - This is the G-Rated Pic! lol








While, the movie threw a few curves balls, I did not hate it. But, then again, I didn't love it either. It was interesting to see the delicate white swan unravel as she slowly looses her mind to become more and more like the Black Swan, Oldie. This film reveals the dark side of fame, as Nina Sayers (played by Natalie Portman)  dances to the top at the price of her sanity. The film introduces the presence of eating disorders, sexual abuse by male directors and many other story lines. Nina's weakness almost disables her from getting the role due to her inability to transform into Odette. While you have to interpret the messages behind the film, this psychological thriller does keep you on the edge of your seat. Check it out for yourself and please share your reviews and thoughts!

Oh, and I cant wait  to see "Jumping The Broom" with the girls. #Girlsnightout# I love to support "positive" African American films. So to the theater we will go...... to show our support!

All-Star Cast!!

Don't hate - Megan Fox looks Good! Go Girl!!
Angela Bassett is looking younger and younger! Beautiful!
Time doesn't allow me to be a "Let's go the movies kind of Gal." However, during my down time. I love to catch a great flick. So, one rainy Saturday, I watched two amazing films. "Its Complicated" and "Just Wright." Two must see movies!

Smooches  : )

No comments: