April 13, 2011

Welcome to The 90's

The 90's were the golden years for television. One of the best decades ever for me. Some of the best TV shows were produced during this era. I decided to do a post dedicated to the 90's and good television! So, I was watching "Martin" one late night after work, as I always do. And, I remembered how entertaining and creative television once was. Today, all you see on T.V are reality shows. Don't get me wrong, I love my reality trash. However, they don't make them like they use to. Soooooo, get on board and take a trip with me down memory lane..............to the 90's.

Check out my Top 10 TV shows of the 90's.....

Melrose Place - This drama followed a group of young adults, all living in "Melrose Place" apartment complex. I'm not for certain if alot of people watched this show. But, I was addicted. I loved the drama and the scandal.




Belvery Hills 90210 - Ok.....so who didn't want to attend school with the rich kids at West Beverly Hills High! I know I did!! I loved this show. Although, I could not relate to the shows plot, it was entertaining to say the least. This was our generation's "Young and the Restless." Our soap opera! Dylan and Kelly were my fav characters.




Save By The Bell - Now, who did not love this circle of friends. Zach, Kelly, Screech, A.C Slater, Jessi and my fav Lisa. I enjoyed following this crew at Bayside High School.



She was Fab!


Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - OMG! I almost forgot about this show! I remember running home from Sinclair Lane Elementary school to watch this show. We didn't have a DVR back then. lol.. The theme song was so catchy. The storylines and the characters acting was a little cheesy! lol...And, I sooooooooo wanted to be the PINK Ranger.



Family Matters - This show was apart of the TGIF line-up. Does anyone remember the line-up? Boy Meets World, Step by Step and Perfect Strangers?? Well, Steve Urkel, the annoying nerd that lived next door, was the unofficial main character of the show. Who later became the most recognizable characters of all time! (Did I do that??)



And look at Lil Richie! He grew up to be handsome man! (Well, kind of Handsome) lol



The Cosby Show - A mother who is a lawyer and a father that's a doctor?? This show depicted family values and morals. Some of my fav episodes: When Cliff discovered that Theo had pierced his ears. lol..And, we cant forget when Vanessa got drunk one night and had a hang-over. I loved their way of discipline and the creative ways they educated their children about life's mistakes and lessons.


Who would have to known that Lil Rudy would grow up to be such a pretty young lady!


Random - I always wanted Phylicia Rashad to be my mom! : )


The Arsenio Hall Show - Suits with shoulder pads, the dogpound and "Things that make you go Hmmm" are 3 reasons why I loved this show. The raw dialogue made for a several years of syndication. Targeting an audience that was ignored by other late-night shows. #classic




In Living Color - This was one of the most memorable sketch comedy shows of all time. Such skits as Homie the clown; Men on film (Hated it) and Fire Marshall Bill had us rolling on the floor with laughter! Oh, and we cannot forget the makings of such mega- stars as, Jamie Foxx, J-Lo, Jim Carey and Tommy Davidson.




Fresh Prince of Bel Air - Most of us are familiar with the theme song to The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. And we all know the lyrics by heart. Bringing us the Carlton dance, and a kid from Philly who moved in with his upper class uncle and his family.




Go Carlton! Go Carlton..Get Busy!! lol

Martin - Now, we all can watch Martin a million times a day and laugh as if its the 1st time. I've always loved Gina and Martin's relationship and the different characters Martin played on the show. Like, my girl Shanaynay or big pimpin' Gerome. This is a classic, and even after years off the air, its still one of the most watched TV shows.




Smooches : )

2 comments:

Ms. Servette said...

Oh ..and don't forget its a "Different World and Living Single , which happens to be my two favs. I remember when I couldn't wait for the Thursday nights line-up .lol.

Unknown said...

Of course not Ms. Servette, they are presently my 2 fav shows. I still watch them today! #classics#