April 16, 2011

Sipping Martini's for a Good Cause



Everyone knows my "lil brother" Taurean. Well, biologically he's not my brother. He's my cousin. But, he has always felt like the little brother, I never had or wanted. lol... (just kidding). Taurean has always been a constant fixture in my life. And plays a very important role with my patience. lol. He has Down Syndrome; a genetic condition in which a person has 47 chromosomes instead of the usual 46. The extra chromosome causes problems with the way the body and brain develops. Children with Down Syndrome have a widely recognized appearance. They may also have delayed mental and social development.

God placed Taurean in my life for so many reasons. While, Taurean gives me a hard way to go at times, he is an amazing kid! He is very intelligent and a lil comedian. Oh, and did I mention he's a Cassanova with the ladies! Yup! He loves women, especially those with big booties.....smh...I was his date to one of  his proms and he ditched me for a girl with a bigger butt......lol.....But, I thank God for sending him my way! Couldn't imagine my life without him.

So, Nakita and I were invited to a fundraiser for "BrightSide" a mentoring program at Kennedy Krieger Institute that links teens with Down Syndrome to young adult mentors with Down Syndrome in an effort to promote independence.

The event was held at Langermann's Restaurant (the food is great, by the way). There was a $6.00 coverage charge, that entered you into a raffle to win some great prizes. But, of course, I didn't win anything. #sadface. They also had a silent auction for some items that were donated by the Ravens and Orioles. Taurean signed his name to win the Ravens Gift basket. He's a huge Ray Lewis fan!! But, when we saw that he was out-bidded by $100.00, we kept it moving...lol....


Taurean & his friend Dakota! He loves the ladies...lol

$5 Buffalo wings!!! Tasty!
Me! Always camera ready!
My 3rd Peach Martini
My grandma..I had to sneak this Pic. She hates Pics!! smh! But I still love her!
Shrimp & Grits! The best thing I ever tasted - Going back next week for more! lol
Aunt Debbie - She's official at Kennedy Krieger - Top lady in charge!

Oh, and I cant forget to mention that Taurean is Lil Wayne's biggest fan!!! He eats, breathe and sleeps for Lil Wayne. His whole world revolves around Mr. Carter. He listens to all his music, has posters and magazines all in the name of one of the best rappers alive. Despite, Taurean's obsession with Wayne, you can't fault him for having a good ear for good music!

One day, Taurean's mom became so annoyed with him asking about his idol, she told him, Lil Wayne was sick. lol. Taurean said "Awe, man...I gotta get Lil Wayne a card." lol....Too cute! He wanted to send Lil Wayne a get well card. If anyone has any connections to the music industry and would like to make a very special child dreams come true to meet his idol, hit me up! lol. (But, I'm serious).

Smooches :  )

No comments: