June 19, 2011

Friends Equals Family

Hey Dolls -

I was having a conversation with my sister - and we were talking about how some people are closer to their friends than their own family. Now, I have a fantastic relationship with my family. And, we are extremely close. But, a girl needs her friends. And, my girlfriends are my family!

Family always supports one another in every decision. And, I was 100% supportive of Teia's decision to baptize her children. Baptism is literally and symbolically not only cleansing, but also dying and rising again with Christ. Traditionally, Godparents are present at the baptism and vow to uphold the Christian education and life of the baptized. Out of respect for the family, I chose not to publish any pictures of the ceremony. However, after the ceremony, we did what we do best-----EAT!


We fired up the grill - well actually Larry fired up the grill.
You know how he DO!

I was preparing the food. Yes, I can burn it up in the kitchen.
I put my foot in those hamburgers. They were Da Bomb! lol
The sister...Doesn't she look Kute and angelic!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
So, apparently there was a photo shoot in the back yard
and I wasn't invited. See pics below.........Camera whores! lol





I had to get a pic of the talapia that Nakita and I made.
Once, again I surprised myself. I should have been a chef! lol



Let's switch gears.....................

I had to visit YouTube to see Rhianna's man Down video. There is some controversy surrounding Ri -Ri's video. The beginning of the video begins with a girl (Rhianna) lurking out of the shadow and shooting a man in the head. The end of the video answers the question "Why did she shoot him?" The man was gunned down after he rapes her outside a club. The media wants the video banned stating that "Instead of telling victims to seek  help, she released a music video that gives retaliation in the form of premeditated murder." Rhianna is now set to re-shoot the two most violent scenes - the rape and shooting scene.



Now, I'm not sure whats going on with Ri-Ri. While she exudes sex appeal on and off the stage. Her performances lack passion and energy. Watching paint dry is more fascinating than her performances on stage. The irony is that she recently performed here in Baltimore. And, the buzz around her concert was great! Some, have even said it was the best concert they have ever attended.......... HUH??

I was watching the Billboard Awards and Rhianna performed S&M Remix with Ms. Britney Spears. (Bad move) She was just as dry as Ri-Ri!!! What's going on Britney??? She use to work it on stage! She appeared to be confused and very un-interested.  The lip synching and stiff performance goes down in my books as one of the worst performances ever. Sorry ladies. I suggest you take some tips from Beyonce!

Here are a few highlights and the video -
















Smooches : )

No comments: