June 12, 2011

Style Flashback - Now and Then

I love to watch re-run's of "Girlfriends." This was and remains one of my favorite sitcoms. This show was so relatable. It was the African American version of "Sex and the City." Every girl knew a Joan, Toni, Mya or Lynn. The show visited topics of sex, relationships, fashion, infidelity, insecurities, even drug substance. I was crushed when they ripped my fav show off the air. Now, although I tuned in every week to watch the drama filled episodes. My main purpose was to see the fashion. While, all four women had their unique sense of style. I was totally captivated my Joan's character played by Tracey Ellis Ross. I loved the fact that she was a distinguished and successful lawyer. Yet, she stayed true to herself. And it clearly shows thru her sense of style.






Fashion Now -Tracey Ellis Ross

If anyone exudes effortless style, its Tracee Ellis Ross! Whether she's in all black, or styling it up with bold accessories, this girlfriend is always incredibly fashionable. She must get her from her momma!













Fashion Then - Diana Ross

Diana Ross is not only iconic for her soulful singing, but for her glamorous ensembles. I thought we should pay homage to how fabulous Miss Ross was back in the day. (Did I say, back in the day? I meant to say - She is still fabulous!) The Supreme's were synonymous for their over the top make-up, fashion gowns and wigs. Her style has evolved over the years, and I believe she is still the Queen of glamorous style!

Miss Ross giving you the Eye Lashes back in the day!



Big Hair!!!!! Love it!









She is such a D-I-V-A!



I got carried away with Miss Ross images! But, she is so got damn Fabulous....

Smooches : )

No comments: