March 19, 2011

Carried Away

This week Inspiration is Coutour Wedding Gowns.

So, I was at work having a conversation with my co-workers. And we were talking about the one and only  "Sex In The City." Now, of course I am a die hard fan! I have been following S&TC since day one. And, I still watch the series repeats as if I have never watched them 50 times already.

Anyway, the topic of conversation was Carrie's "wedding dress." Carrie's famous Vivienne Westwood gown was the highlight of the movie. The construction of the gown was impeccable and the layers were just the perfect touch! Even, the feather head-piece could not ruin her ensemble. It wasn't traditional and yet it was still classy. Very much like Carrie's character on the show.

Here is a picture of the gown straight off Vivienne Westwood's Autumn 2008 Runway Show -




And here are some images from the movie -


Love the Bride-Maids Gown, Perfection!
By the way, this scene was so heart-felt when Mr. Big left Carrie at the altar...I was crying like a baby :' (


Get'em Carrie!!!! The Bastard!! : (
Now, I have no idea why I have this sudden desire to look at wedding gowns. I'm sure my co-worker Tyrese has something to do with. I have no idea why she would place a wedding magazine on my desk. She's the one engaged...lol...And, as I was flipping thru the pages, I saw the most interesting wedding gowns. Now, who would have known that wedding gowns could be so fashionable. There are numerous gowns for every shape, size and color.

So, I found some gowns, they are Fabulous! And, I can just envision myself in one of these gowns...I can picture it now.....*Day dreaming*


I love this Head Piece!

Favorite!


One of my Fav! Love the detail...



  Ok, that's enough about Wedding Gowns : )

Smooches -

3 comments:

Nakita said...

I wanna get married. BTW my bride maids gown will look just like STC dresses. LOVE

Unknown said...

Yes, I love the colors!!!!

Forallthings said...

ahh!! wedding dresses!!