March 20, 2011

Mardi Gras

What a weekend! Friday I spent my evening at home because I had to work Saturday morning. After work Saturday, I met Tonia and Nakita at the track to get a couple laps around. Yup, I'm still working on my Beyonce body. lol..Then home for a nap I went..... It's nothing like a cat nap, in the afternoon. A 30 minute nap always feels like you slept for 4 hours. So, I awoke refreshed and rejuvenated.

I went to Tamia's house for a get together/birthday celebration. The theme was Mardi Gras..However, no body parts were exposed to receive beads.lol. We played games and had some interesting conversations. Very interesting conversations...to say the least we have a blast. And I have the pics to prove it!



Me and my Larry......

My Dolls : )

My Benny-Ben-Ben...lol


Hey Girls!

Tiff


Get it Jo!....lol



Larry smizzin with his eyes. lol

D' rubbing Ebonee's big belly!



Nakita





While, the evening appeared to be fun and games. I received some horrible news via Facebook. A great friend and woman of God, Ms. Dee Goodin was called home to the Lord. I tried so hard to stay composed and not shed a tear. She had suddenly become ill awhile back. I knew she wasn't doing very well, and I had every intention to visit her. I just never fathomed that it would be so soon. Makes me think, how important it is to think about others before yourself. She has a beautiful daughter, and I cannot imagine the pain her family is going thru. I met Dee thru my church home and she has always been a diva and such a bright light. God has truly called home one of his angels and she will be missed. Please say a prayer for the Family!

FYI - It's always important to give someone their flowers while they can still smell them.


Smooches : )


2 comments:

tamia said...

AWWWW SiS so true that's y its important that we have our lil sista girl gatherings cuz u jus neva know.....

Unknown said...

Yes, life and time with family and friends is so precious!