March 8, 2011

Late Nights & Early Mornings






Its obvious, that I am infatuated with this songbird, per my recent Facebook rants about how great her CD is. Just when I thought hip hop/R&B was dead. Here comes Marsha, to save the day!!!! I truely needed a "pick me-up" from last year's music menu. 

 Singer/songwriter, Marsha Ambrosius released her debut album, 'Late Nights & Early Mornings' this month. The album is comprised of 13 songs mostly co-written by Ambrosius. She was once half member of the British R&B dual Floetry. The dual broke up the mid-‘00s, and went on to release several mixtapes and do some featured appearances.

This CD is music to my ears...........Its on repeat in my car CD player. From beginning to end…..the overall sound is reminiscent of early hay-day 90’s neo-soul. The production and arrangements are simple,which allows the songstress lyrics and smooth vocals to flow; with an equal balance of sensuality and femininity. The highlights of the album, (and my Favorite track) 'The Break-Up Song' captures the reality, when you confront your emotions in a relationship and finally admit the ugly truth – it’s over. When she calls the girlfriend of her Ex and feeds the following lyrics."She began to tell, me all the things you don't. Like, how y'all still together & leaving you she won't. How am I suppose to deal when pain is all I feel, this is all too real. I'll get out your way boy I don't want to stay. I thought I could be strong but this situation makes me hate the fact that we can't get along. I'm suppose to be the one for you & you're my number one. Until you're my forever, were done. (Yesssss, Marsha sing it girl)

In “Lose Myself” Marsha seeds I had to lose myself so I could love you better.You couldn’t tell me I was in love when I needed it, when all I ever wanted was love. Shoulda told me I was worth receiving it, but all I ever wanted was love. These lyrics pull at my heart strings. Deep and genuine emotional; She has this melodic tone in her voice.

The authenticity of her lyrics and her content are not easily duplicated. Her content isn’t sugar-coated, it’s relatable. The way her lyrics capture the intimate moments of relationships and love is a quality to be admired. My ear drums thanks you in advance Ms. Ambrosius. This album is timeless and classic........ Marsha has set the bar high for her R&B counterparts. Hands down,  the best album of the year 2010-2011.

I can't wait to see her on tour next month with Melanie Fiona......

On another note....Anticipated Albums for 2011:

Drake - Take Care
Beyonce - TBD
Lil Wayne - The Carter IV
Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't
Kanye West & Jay-Z  - Watch the Throne

Smooches : )

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes!!!!!! i was just tellin your other half about the breakup song one of my fav as well!!!I cant stop listening and replaying the whole album>>>>>>>Tiffany Tanisha...xoxox

Markia said...

:-) Love it!! I'll be buying that soon.

Unknown said...

Tiff, Yes and I cant wait to see her on tour! @Markia, you must purchased this CD, excellent!

Carisa said...

Yessssss!I just purchased it yesterday and I have had "Lose Myself" on REPEAT and the whole cd is just the truth.. I can't wait to get in my car to jam all the way home. Toodles!

markia said...

Denita, I wanted to get u an update...I brought her CD today @ DTLR, and I love it!! Thanx

Unknown said...

@Carissa, Oh, yesss. Its still in my CD player on repeat and "lose Myself" is so inspirational!!!
@markia....I knew you would love it! Good Music. i had to listen to the WORDS! Amazing...: )

Markia said...

I was looking @ her cd cover and, didn't realize how beautiful she is. She has a fresh natural look.