March 5, 2011

Hello World......

I have finally arrived!!!!! Welcome me to the Blogger’s World everyone. Now I am in no way a  self-proclaimed writer or author. I decided to start this Blog as an expressive virtual outlet. Initially, my goal was to launch an online magazine with my sister. I am not a genius when it comes to technology, but I figure between YouTube and Google, I could teach myself how to “Blog.” Anyhoo, I am super-duper excited about this new found interest!!! As I was preparing and making edits to my template, my BFF Ryan called me and I explained to her that I was starting my own blog. Of course, her first reaction was “Everyone has a blog”  And I said, “Well, I’m not everybody” And she extended her unconditional support. I also told her I would give her a shout out…......*Waving* “How you doooooing.” (In my Wendy Williams voice)

Now, moving on……….My sister, Nakita, introduced me to a young lady by the name of Karen Blanchard. She is a style blogger and personal stylist, and after reading her story, I think she is my new style inspiration!!! Yipeee...... The girl is fierce....... I give credit where credit is due. A London native, who moved to New York City, she combined her slick street New York style with her London quirkiness and turned a simple blog into an “empire.” Karen’s style is eccentric and unique. She pairs vintage pieces with an ethnic flare for an effortless yet daring twist. She has been featured in such magazines as Essence, Style and Glamour.... Her blog is called Where did u get that? because her style is so noticeable that everywhere she goes, someone asks her “Where did u get that." Genius!!! Girl Power!!! I have posted some pics of her featured appearances:



Style Magazine
 


                                                                  

Glamour Magazine
                                                       


                                                           

Random Pics


My Fav!!!! I Love the colors & Layers!

I love a fur vest! It's the perfect
accessorie.


Too Cute!!! I love this look!




Karen is a not afraid to take risk, and its all in the name of fashion. Now, I'm not a personal stylist nor do I believe that style is derived from designer labels. Let's be honest, we all have friends or associates who believe that style or fashion is rocking the latest LV handbag or Christian Louboutin pumps. Well, I am here to say, that style is not Gucci, LV or Prada. Who has style? Who doesn’t? And, how can we get it? Style is unique and inspirational. Its defined by a person's individual personality. Its not about how much you spend on clothes, or what designer labels you wear. Style is wearing confidence.....It's about looking effortless, confident and making a statement. You can check out Karen's blog at : Where Did You Get That?

Well, I guess its time for me to close out my first published blog. I'm sure the jury is still out on the content. lol....So, please be nice.....lol... Keep in mind this is new to me. And I am open for suggestions and comments. I hope everyone enjoy reading my future blog's.....I am super-duper (I say super-duper alot) excited to give you a peak into my life and a glimpse at who Denita is, especially for those who are not familiar with who I am. I will upload some more pics on my next blog...as soon as I get some free time. Please subscribe and support! I love Ya! Smooches ; )

4 comments:

Nakita said...

Great job Sis!!

PRTTYGRL BBYGRL said...

THATS WHATS UP..VERY INTERESTING..GOOD JOB NITA..AND I LOOK FORWARD TO MORE OF YOUR BLOGS:)

Anonymous said...

I 2nd to what Prttygrl said!!

servette said...

Very impressive !!! U kno Ms Sevette will be giving her input on fashion .lol.